Financial Professional Partnership
Your investing journey is your own. The decisions you make regarding your money and how best to put it to work for you, ultimately, come down to a variety of factors that are distinctly personal. But as any journey fraught with unknown obstacles, it may be wise to have an expert help you navigate the way forward.
To maximize your investing potential, a financial professional can help you avoid common pitfalls, define clear financial goals, provide guidance during volatile or difficult market conditions and help remove your emotions from the decision-making process. An advisor can also help you structure a plan that can adapt to your changing goals and priorities.
What Does a Financial Professional Do?
Even though you may feel comfortable developing a financial plan on your own, a financial professional can offer a depth of experience and expertise. A financial professional can help you:
- Set financial goals and develop a plan to help you meet them, including identifying and building on your portfolio's current strengths while addressing its weaknesses.
- Determine your current financial situation by reviewing your income, assets, and liabilities, evaluating your tax obligations and helping to develop your estate plan.
- Keep you abreast of new and innovative investing strategies.
- Monitor your financial plan and routinely evaluate its effectiveness.
- Proactively adjust your plan as warranted by market performance, changes to tax and finance laws and the general evolution of your long-term goals.
- Identify and recommend products and strategies that can help reduce your tax burden.
Is Working With a Financial Professional Right for Me?
Some people are skeptical of financial professionals or don't want to discuss their personal finances with a relative stranger. Here we discuss the realities behind some common misconceptions investors may have about working with a financial professional:
- I can manage my own money.
You may very well have the knowledge and ability to handle your own finances. But the world of finance is ever changing and is growing more intricate and difficult to navigate. A financial professional has the expertise to help you stay on top of your financial goals, while maintaining a solid understanding of the changing economic landscape — and your place in it.
- Only wealthy people need the guidance of a financial professional.
Wealthy people are certainly likely to seek the services of a financial professional, but whatever your means, a financial professional can help you create a plan to address some of the financial goals that are nearly universal. You want to retire someday. You may want to buy a home or start a family.
- I'm concerned about the fees.
There are no free lunches, as the saying goes. The services provided by a financial professional do come at a price. But remember: In most cases, the better you do, the better your advisor does. With incentive and accountability, you may find that a good advisor can help you save and earn more than you'll end up paying in fees.
Whether you’re saving, retiring or ready to consider a legacy — Jackson can help.
Brush up on fundamental concepts to help guide you in your investing journey.
Learn about the various types of annuities and the potential benefits each may provide.