EL SEGUNDO, CA - March 21, 2016 - National Planning Holdings®, Inc. (NPH), the nation's fourth-largest independent broker-dealer network1, today announced full-year 2015 revenue of $966.7 million and gross product sales of $20.2 billion.
Greg Cicotte, who assumed the role of president and chief executive officer of NPH in June 2015, said the solid financial results generated during 2015 set the stage for further expansion in the years ahead - in terms of both enabling the continued profitable growth of existing advisors and also in attracting new advisors to the network.
"Looking ahead, I'm excited to launch our 2016 Strategic Growth Initiatives, an ambitious lineup of enhancements to the tools and resources advisors need to help address the financial goals of their clients and grow their businesses," Cicotte said. "The Strategic Growth Initiatives include investments in technology, practice management, turnkey wealth management and other key areas of advisor support, which are increasingly critical as advisors seek to align their businesses with a strong broker-dealer partner focused on helping them grow by effectively navigating heightened regulatory complexities in a post-DOL fiduciary rule environment."
The 2016 NPH Strategic Growth Initiatives include:
- Expanding NPH's practice management team to provide support for all NPH affiliated advisors across the country. The customizable resources are available to advisors through conferences, virtual events and one-on-one consulting services.
- Growing NPH's recruiting team to meet an increasing interest among advisors across the country in potentially transitioning to an NPH network member firm.
- Increasing the number of specialists dedicated to assisting advisors who are transitioning a greater part of their business to a fee-based model, while also continuing to support commission-based models.
- Continuing to invest in technology enhancements, including Advisor Dashboard, the award-winning technology platform2, as well as NPH's suite of business intelligence and integrative analytics tools.
- Launching NPH's new Advisor Experience Team, which will be responsible for transitioning new advisors to the network, educating and training advisors on NPH's resources and technology and conference planning support.
"At NPH, we believe financial professionals provide a vitally important service that has a profound impact on individuals, families and society as a whole," Cicotte said. "With this mission constantly in mind, we are committed to ensuring clients have access to affordable advice from highly-knowledgeable professionals, helping them to achieve financial security. We believe advice is paramount to building a successful retirement plan, and there is no one more qualified to provide this advice than financial representatives."
NPH is a network of four leading independent broker-dealers - INVEST Financial Corporation (INVEST), Investment Centers of America, Inc. (ICA), National Planning Corporation (NPC) and SII Investments, Inc. (SII). The member firms of the NPH network support nearly 3,500 advisors across the country by providing them with a comprehensive spectrum of back- and middle-office services and support. Each member firm maintains its own unique culture and niche within the industry, leveraging the scale and resources of the NPH network, while customizing services at the individual firm level according to the preferences of the advisors they support.
For more information about the four independent broker-dealers in the NPH network, please visit:
- INVEST Financial Corporation
- Investment Centers of America (ICA)
- National Planning Corporation (NPC)
- SII Investments, Inc. (SII)
1 Southwood, D. and Zhu, E. (2015). How the Biggest Independent Broker-Dealer Networks Stack Up: Ranking Five Big IBD Networks by Reps and Revenue. InvestmentNews. May 2015.
2 Bank Insurance and Securities Association, Technology Innovation Award, 2014.
About National Planning Holdings, Inc.
National Planning Holdings, Inc. (NPH) is a broker-dealer holding company and an affiliate of Lansing, Mich.-based Jackson National Life Insurance Company® (Jackson®). NPH serves as the holding company for the independent broker-dealers INVEST Financial Corporation, Investment Centers of America, Inc., National Planning Corporation and SII Investments, Inc. Collectively, the NPH broker-dealer network currently has 3,428 registered representatives (as of December 31, 2015). NPH and Jackson are wholly owned by Prudential plc (NYSE: PUK), a company incorporated in England and Wales. Prudential plc is not affiliated in any manner with Prudential Financial, Inc., a company whose principal place of business is in the United States of America.
This press release may contain certain statements that constitute "forward-looking statements." Forward-looking statements include statements concerning plans, objectives, goals, strategies, future events or performance, and underlying assumptions and other statements which are other than statements of historical facts. However, as with any projection or forecast, forward-looking statements are inherently susceptible to a number of risks and uncertainties and actual results and events could differ materially from those currently being anticipated as reflected in such forward-looking statements. There can be no assurance that management's expectations, beliefs or projections will result or be achieved or accomplished. Any forward-looking statements reflect NPH's views and assumptions as of the date of this press release and NPH disclaims any obligation to update forward-looking information.